After Christmas and ALL that fine eating I begin to tone down with more fruits and veggies. I found this quick and easy recipe for one of my all time favorites~Baked Apples!
Apples in a BagIngredients
- 1 small apple (Golden Delicious or Granny Smith are my favorite)
- 1 packet of sweetener (Splenda is my favorite), or a spoonful of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Small handful of raisins, optional
- Peel or don’t peel apple, core and slice or dice. Place in freezer-quality plastic zippered bag along with remaining ingredients. Seal bag and shake well to mix ingredients.
- Reopen bag just a touch to vent. Microwave on High for 2 minutes– longer if you use a big apple.
- Carefully (it will be HOT and steamy) open bag and pour over plain or cinnamon-sugar pita chips, flour tortilla chips, oatmeal or ice cream.