Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
Yay! It's cookie season!
I found this yummy cookie recipe just in time for Christmas baking!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quaker quick-cooking oats ( not instant)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries ( Craisins)
- Preheat Oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer combine, sugar, brown sugar and butter and mix well.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour and mix well.
- Fold in by hand the oatmeal, walnuts, and dried cranberries making sure that all ingredients are uniformly distributed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 3-inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, just until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet.