Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Hope Between the Pages (Doors to the Past) By Pepper Basham

 


 Book Description:  Clara Blackwell helps her mother manage a struggling one-hundred-year old family bookshop in Asheville, North Carolina, but the discovery of a forgotten letter opens a mystery of a long-lost romance and undiscovered inheritance which could save its future. Forced to step outside of her predictable world, Clara embarks on an adventure with only the name Oliver as a hint of the man’s identity in her great-great-grandmother’s letter. From the nearby grand estate of the Vanderbilts, to a hamlet in Derbyshire, England, Clara seeks to uncover truth about family and love that may lead to her own unexpected romance.

My Thoughts:  This story intrigued me because I have visited the places that are written in this story.  So I can envision all the the author is writing about.
Pepper Basham is a new author for me. I do enjoy new authors and getting out of my reading comfort zone.
Clara Blackwell has one of the most interesting jobs in my book.  {See what I did there.😆}  I love the way Clara finds some old, forgotten love letters that lead to an inheritance.  An inheritance that is deeply needed by the heirs.
This is a somewhat rags to riches story.  The feel good kind.
But Clara has to step out of her comfort zone to find this Oliver.  Sometimes when one goes on chance adventure to seek truths more than one can ever imagine happens.  In Clara's case this is true.
Finding a person is not easy but, oh, the fun of the adventure and finding new friends in the most unexpected places.
A lovely story!


No comments:

Post a Comment