Monday, January 30, 2023

Psalm 91 for Mothers (God's Shield of Protection for your Children) by Peggy Joyce Ruth & Angela Ruth Schum

 

Book Description:  A Place of Total Protection for Your Family 

                      

Did you know there is a place in God—a secret place—for those who want to seek refuge? It is a haven of physical safety and security that God tells us about in the Ninety-First Psalm—the one place in the Bible where all of the protection promises of God are brought together.


In Psalm 91 for Mothers Peggy Joyce Ruth guides you through a personal study of this psalm, explaining verse by verse God’s promises of protection, provision, and blessing for your children. Drawing from her personal experience as a mother and grandmother, she covers topics such as:

·          Accessing God’s shelter in times of danger
·          Protection from evils over which we have no control
·          Intervention of God’s angels on your child’s behalf
·          Teaching your child to call on God for protection

My Thoughts: I'm a mom and I long for total protection over my family. But how do I achieve this?  Through prayer and  God's care.  
Reading Psalm 91 is such an encouraging read for Mothers of all ages.
This read begins with the heart rending story of a too worn out mom who left a beautiful baby on top of her car with in an infant seat in the heat of the crazy Dallas traffic.  The author "just" happens to be behind this car and sees the infant carrier atop the car with the sweet little infant inside.  She is afraid for the child and out of urgency screams the name of Jesus four times just as the infant seat propels through the air towards traffic.  
This is quite an amazing story.  *true story*  And the rest of this book is chock full of life lessons and stories of God's amazing mercies and love to His people . . . based on Psalm 91,"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.


I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation."
I posted the whole of Psalm 91 because the reader must read this verse to understand the book. . . this book is all about 'I will not fear' based on this one Psalm from God's Word.

There's no need to live in terror or fear because when one believes God and His Word, He answers!
A wonderful encouraging read that makes a nice gift for that new mom, too!

  • Paperback: 192 pages
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1616387343
  • ISBN-13: 978-1616387341
  • Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 4.9 x 0.6 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment