Thursday, December 17, 2020

Fabulous Friday


 This picture represents so much of 2020 for me.
Rowing, rowing against a strong current.  Feeling 
like I was making some headway and then BOOM!
something disastrous hits out of the blue!
We lost my sweet mother-in-law to cancer, then COVID-19
hit us all with stay at home orders which made the whole world 
change. A terrible sinus infection hit me on June 2nd.  I had never had a sinus infection before so I kept thinking it would go away.  It just got worse. I had the most terrible headaches, ever! 
Until I ended up in ER which led me to the path of the ENT.
Then, I kid you not, my left ankle ended up with arthritis.  It hurt so badly.
My wonderful husband ended up with colon issues but not because of my left ankle.  😀 My husband's brother-in-law passed away unexpectedly.  A week later the brother-in-law's dad passed away.  One month later to the day my husband's sweet aunt with whom we were quite close passed away. And then we got notice that two friends passed away due to COVID related issues.
My ear still keeps getting "clogged"  I'm trying, ever so , hard to pray and stay positive since I've been to four doctors and they can't fix it.
BUT GOD!
Here's the thing!  Through all of the disasters God never left our side.
Somehow we have paid for the medical bills.  Somehow I made it through all the vertigo.  Somehow my ankle is healing up.  Somehow my husband's colon issues abated. Somehow my sweet sister called and sent me amazing natural pills that worked.
Through it all God kept us above the current.
I will probably never forget the year 2020.  And, maybe, I shouldn't. 
It will be the building block, so to speak, that reminds me
BUT without God I can do nothing.
Godspeed for 2021!

1 comment: