Friday, September 11, 2020

Fabulous Friday

A couple of weeks ago I was talking with a friend.
She kept saying, "Pray that we're making the right decision in buying a house."  And then she said, "Pray that we'll make the right decision in painting our house the right color."  
I didn't say much because it occurred to me that many times we push our blessings right out the door.  We have the resources to do what we need but, yet, we  want God to make the decision for us.  Maybe, so we can blame God if it doesn't work out?
I finally told my friend, "It's great to pray BUT God gave you a mind and you have the money.  It's not a sin and it's not going to hurt your family."
Here's the thing....buy the house you can afford and paint the house the color you like.
My mom always told us, "If you don't make a decision, then you've made a decision."
Don't push your blessings out the door!


No comments:

Post a Comment