SoooGoood! Pumpkin Pie French Toast!
I won this cook book from $5 meals
and love this recipe for a fun supper:
- 12 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Butter and syrup for serving
- Fresh fruit or smoothie as side
- Set out the bread for dipping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin and pie spice until smooth.
- Dip each side of the bread and cook on a hot, greased griddle or skillet. Flip after 1 – 2 minutes.
- Once all are cooked, serve with butter and maple. And a side of fresh fruit or bacon/sausage.
- If freezing, let cool completely to reduce freezer burn.
- Enjoy this perfect fall “breakfast for dinner”!