Taste of Home has some of the BEST recipes and these cookies
are the BEST for a Christmas treat!
Angel Sugar Crisps
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional white or colored sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla until
- light and fluffy. Sift together flour, soda, cream of tartar and
- salt. Add to creamed mixture; mix until blended. Shape into large
- marble-size balls. Dip half of ball into water, then in sugar.
- Place, sugared side up, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400°
- for 6 minutes or until done. Cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/angel-sugar-crisps#ixzz3JL7SyMXk