Tuesday, November 11, 2014

If He Had Not Come by Nan F. Weeks and reintroduced by David Nicholson

Book Description:  If He Had Not Come, a Christmas story by Nan F. Weeks set in the ‘30s, asks the profound question: What if Jesus Christ had never come to Earth? David Nicholson provides a refreshing update to this timeless classic, originally included in Cynthia Pearl Maus’ anthology entitled, Christ in the Fine Arts. Through an eye-opening, somewhat bewildering dream, a young boy discovers some of the enormous changes the world would face if Jesus had never come to Earth.

My Thoughts: I've loved this story for years and almost every Christmas I've read it in a church program never realizing that a book had been made and published.  
So, as I researched this story I found a hardback copy on eBay...so excited!  I snatched it up because this is one of my all time favorite stories for the Christmas holiday!
If He Had Not Come is a children's book but I believe that the message is for adults too.  I love the message in this story!  
The message of this story in incredible...just to think what if He had never come?
In fact, once you read this I believe reading it at the holidays will become a tradition at your house just as it has become at our home.
As an added bonus there are pages at the back of the book that include interactive topics for families and Sunday School teachers, Going Deeper (this provides Bible references and questions for helping the child/adult to think more about the story), and there is a Gospel Message that has the ABC's of leading someone to Christ. 
What a wonderful book!
*This ebook was provided for review by BookLook*
  • File Size: 3218 KB
  • Print Length: 39 pages
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: WestBow Press (April 1, 2014)
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
  • Language: English


No comments:

Post a Comment