Book Description: Organized into different levels according to age, each study provides in-depth material from the same book of the Bible. Each study book is synchronized to cover the same truths at the same time but with graphics and learning tools appropriate for the age group.
The Sword Study series, originally created for competitors in The Shelby Kennedy Foundation's National Bible Bee, is now available to everyone for the first time. Families no longer have to compete in the Bible Bee to establish family discipleship in the home with this one-of-a-kind study.
The Sword Study available for this tour is II Timothy. I John is also available to the public and I Peter is scheduled for release in the fall of 2013. A new study is scheduled to be released each year. For more information
That's why when I saw Sword Study, A Family-Centered Bible Study on II Timothy by Tammy McMahan I was excited and eagerly waited for its arrival.
When we received it I was pleasantly surprised by the books. There are levels for each age group:
- Level 1, for ages 4-7, is an activity book with coloring, drawing, matching and other fun learning tools.
- Level 2, for ages 7-10, contains light reading, fill-in-the-blank, and application sections.
- Level 3, for ages 11-14, involves more investigation and questions for the student to answer.
- Level 4, for teens and adults, steps up the reading and the depth of study including the definition of several Greek or Hebrew terms.
- Level 5 is for the parent or study leader with guidance and background to lead a group of all ages.
The workbooks are wonderful and in such easy to read print.
As I was reading through the workbooks and looking for the level we wanted to begin our study with, I thought how nice these books are for Sunday School and Children's Church lessons, too.
There are color pages and fill in the blanks for the younger children, Levels 1 & 2.
Level 3 had more reading and some "higher" thinking questions and answer spaces.
The level we are using is Level 4. This works well for us since we only have teenagers and adults in our household.
Level 5 is the leader guide and has the answers to the questions in the other levels. This book also has study guided sentences and helps for the leader.
All the levels have the same story line, they go together, a workbook for different age levels so the whole family can study together.
We have enjoyed this Bible study. Maybe this is the Bible Study the will help your family study God's Word together.
*The Sword Study Set was given for review by Glass Road PR*