Monday, May 2, 2011

Dakota: A Work In Progress by Bill Rosencrans

I read this book to my ten year old son and we both wanted a dog like Dakota!  This a one of those inspirational, sweet books about animals who can truly grip at your heart strings!
Here today is Bill Rosencrans on his book DAKOTA:  A Work In Progress:




What inspired you to write this book?
This is a book that wasn't meant to be a book initially. At four months of age, I could see that Dakota was not your average dog. He was far from it. He was peculiar, but funny. So, I began jotting down all of the crazy things that he was doing that were too good to forget. I knew, that in time those memories would fade, and I didn't want that to happen. What I was writing were notes to myself, that later became short stories or essays 1-4 pages in length. My wife, Rita, was laughing out-loud when she read them, and said to me "This should be a book."  
How did you come up with the title?
Dakota is a work in progress, still, five years later.


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 
Yes, to love your dog, and enjoy him as much as I enjoy Dakota. We're inseparable. There's not a day that goes by that he doesn't leave me laughing. It can be something as simple as the look on his face.
How much of this book is realistic?
All of it. These are all true stories.
Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
These stories are based on events in my own life - and Dakota's of course. It's a glimpse into the every day life I share with with. Readers have said that it's the way in which these stories told that makes this book so much fun to read.
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? 
No. Not a thing. I couldn't believe the response I got with Dakota's book. I always have people asking me "When is Dakota's next book coming out?" His audience continues to grow by leaps and bounds.
Do you recall how your interst in writing originated? 
It is just something that I love to do, and have always done it in one form or another. It began with poetry, then I moved on to writing screenplays and was able to acquire a WGA agent in Hollywood, California. Then Dakota came into my life. He gives me plenty to write about.
Is there anything you found particularly challenging in writing this book?  
No. Writing this book was a joy. It came easy to me.
Who designed the cover?
The cover is a photo of Dakota in his raincoat. There's a story in the book about that whole process. Amy, the editor-in-chief at Diversion Press Inc. thought his photo set the tone of the book, and she was right. 
Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
I discovered that Dakota is loved by everyone who read this book about him, and that they want to learn more about him. I am currently in the process of rewriting Dakota: Still a Work in Progress.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?.
Yes. Read Dakota: A Work in Progress published by Diversion Press Inc.. You'll be glad you did. I guarantee it.  


Bill Rosencrans


*This book was provided by for review by Diversion Press*
Buy this book HERE!




























No comments:

Post a Comment