Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WOW {Warm Oven Wednesday} Breakfast (or any other time) Smoothies

1 1/2 cups ice cubes

1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries (you could use fresh of course, but you may want to add more ice for a more frozen consistency?  I'm not sure....)
1/2 cup canned apricots
2 bananas (peeled of course)
1/3 cup frozen blueberries or blackberries
1/2 cup plain, cream top yogurt
1 Tbsp honey

Since I am using a food processor, I usually add my ice and chop/process that for about a minute, then add my frozen strawberries, and process until those are finely chopped.  Then I add everything else and process until smooth.  If you are using a blender, from what I understand, you can just add it all in there and blend away until smooth.  This makes about three tall glasses~about 30 ounces of smoothie.  

1 comment:

  1. Yum, Tammy, I'll have to try this one! I still make the blueberry one you posted a while back. Smoothies are part of my weight loss plan so it is nice to have homemade recipes on hand.

    ReplyDelete