Wednesday, December 21, 2016

WOW {Warm Oven Wednesday}

Southerners and sweet potatoes go together like bread and butter!
And since my home is filled with southerners I make this WONDERFUL casserole from Taste of Home EVERY Christmas   
I make it a day ahead, store in the refrigerator and bake right before Christmas dinner!
OH!SO!DELICIOUS!

Ingredients

  • CASSEROLE:
  • 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds (about 4 cups) sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed               (I use 1 LARGE can of sweet potatoes)
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • TOPPING:
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I add 1 cup of pecans because they make it so nutty and good)
  • 1/2 cup flaked coconut (I don't use coconut)
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions


  • In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and sugar. Spread into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole.
  • For topping, combine all the ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment